Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Yo, Teach

I am a teacher now.

Two grade 9 religion classes and one grade 10 applied math. My class conversations range from madmen in the desert to one dimensional lines on cartesian planes. While the former may seem confusing and the latter may seem difficult, it seems that the students have it the other way around. In reality they are neither confusing nor difficult and are actually quite simple concepts to grasp.
Now I know what you are thinking, "Hey! You've already done it so of course it seems easy to you, you big meanie!" Well, yes, I have done this before. However, when I was taught it in high school I have a reasonable amount of certainty that I was neither confused nor baffled. Maybe I will dig up some old tests to prove my point.

Anyways, the main focus of this specific blog is that I am a teacher. I think that fact is evidenced by my insulting students after only having met them a week and a bit ago. I'm a fetus in the womb that is my career and yet I have already learned (learned might be the wrong word) how to kick. Some would just claim that my immune system has developed against the plethora of viruses that now hound my existence (where immune system means scathing insults and viruses are students).

This is the rest of my life. Suicide note to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment